Workday is coming to Boston University! Learn about the company here so that you can be informed walking into the event or when following up.
By Jack Sawyer
CEO: Aneel Bhusri
Product: Enterprise Software
Headquarters: Pleasanton, California
Total Revenues (2016): $1.16 Billion (48% increase from fiscal 2015)
Values: Employees, Fun, Innovation, Customer Service, Integrity, Profitability
Workday, a cloud-based software vendor headquartered in sunny Pleasanton California, is coming to Boston University! On October, 11th 2017 Biztech will be hosting Workday for an information session from 6-8pm. Additionally, they are visiting the campus on February 27th, 2018 with a consulting panel.
In 2005 Workday was founded by Aneel Bhusri and David Duffield, they set out to create a product with a fundamental idea at the core: to put the people at the center of the enterprise software. Over the course of 12 years, the company has managed to honor that core, achieving a 98% customer satisfaction in 2015. This is no easy feat, especially considering they have continued to build upon and expand their software in financial management, human capital management, and analytics. In addition, the Workday software is built to be agile so that they can keep up with the latest trends and business needs. Thanks to this flexibility and their focus on the customer, the company has gained many notable vendors since their inception, such as:
- Bank of America
Some of Workday’s products include:
- Financial Management
- “Bring your accounting, consolidation, planning, procurement, projects, reporting, and analytics into one financial management system” (Workday). The software allows for an accurate and complete picture of the business.
- Financial Performance Management
- “Workday Financial Performance Management lets you consolidate, close, report, and plan without having to replace your general ledgers and accounting systems-of-record” (Workday). The software allows for third party ledger integrations, and can be accessed on a variety of devices securely.
- Human Capital Management
- “Easily plan, recruit, and nurture talent, and provide the training your people need to lead using just one system” (Workday).
- Prism Analytics
- “You can bring data in at scale from any source and prepare, analyze, and securely share it with your organization” (Workday).
- “You can unite your campus under one configurable application. Our faculty and student information system works seamlessly with Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management, and Workday Grants Management—so you can cohesively lead your institution toward success” (Workday)
Workday are currently hiring a new university graduate for their Associate Consultant position. Learn more here.
Starting points for the information session:
- Where do you see Workday in the next 5 years?
- What are the latest trends in enterprise software?
- How does Workday maintain strong customer service?
- What is it like to work at Workday? Culture? Work/Life balance?
- What is the most exciting aspect of Workday?
- Where do you see Workday needing to improve?
- With technology advancing so rapidly, how does Workday identify new opportunities and threats?